Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rocky Butte clean-up Project

Mike and I are working out a date for our Rocky Butte clean-up. We are tentatively planning on Saturday Jan 16th, however I have questions regarding hazardous materials removal that I am waiting on responses to from OSHA(Occupational Safety & Health Administration) and WMI(Wilderness Medicine Institute).
Some of these questions involve my qualifications to remove such materials as a Wilderness First Responder.
Provided I am qualified to do so, every participant will need to see me (Granville aka Big Town), specifically, at Rocky Butte for a debriefing before helping out. We are planning on starting in the morning around 9-9:30a and will have coffee, tea, and light snacks for all volunteers!
Yay refreshments!
As a group we can make a distinct impact on the amount of litter at this public playground and improve the general safety of those who recreate there.
Thanks to all those who have expressed interest in this project, which is only the first of many!
I will post again with the definitive date which may be the following Saturday/Sunday.
Direct any questions to garagedoorclimbing@gmail.com or goff.granville@gmail.com


Thanks Again,
Big Town and rest of Garage Door Climbing

2 comments:

  1. The few times I went to Rocky Butte the trash was an eyesore, so what an great idea to address the problem. If you haven't noticed already, most climbing areas are pristine. Rocky Butte is different because non-climbers hang out there and leave us reminders of their presence. Anyhow I have to be a chump because I have to work on the day of the cleanup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a great post great information i love to know garage doors and services.
    garage doors

    ReplyDelete